In this Ground Zero episode, I speak with Shay Howe, co-founder of Lead Honestly and a partner at Prota Ventures, co-founder at Chicago Camps about failure and success as a manager and entrepreneur.
It’s true that as entrepreneurs and makers we get stretched to our limits. The question is not about managing the stretch, but about staying grounded and focused on what needs to get done. In this episode, I speak with Shay Howe about this very topic. From trying to understand the biggest mistakes people do when leading people (while doing a hundred other things) to managing his own success, Shay gets candid.
Who is Shay Howe?
As a designer and front-end developer, Shay has a passion for solving problems while building creative and intuitive products. He specializes in product design, interface development, and organizational leadership, areas in which he regularly writes and speaks about.
Currently, he is a co-founder at Lead Honestly, helping managers build stronger relationships and actively engage with their employees. Elsewhere, he is a partner at Prota Ventures, co-founder at Chicago Camps, board member at DESIGNATION, and author of “Learn to Code HTML and CSS.”
What you will learn – Failure, Success, Product Mindset and more
Continued from Episode124.
- What are the biggest mistakes you see product makers and leaders make when it comes to leading people?
- Let’s talk about you. Looking at your LinkedIn profile, it’s clear that you’ve been a busy man. Interestingly, I see that you actively don three very different kinds of hats – developer, VP of Product, co-founder of a couple of companies, run a design meet up and a partner in an early stage investment firm. Curious how your mind works! How does your typical day look like?
- How do you manage to stay productive?
- What is that one thing that you think is the reason for your success?
- How do you keep track of all these activities you are onto? How do you measure them? When and how do you know if something doesn’t work?
- Shay Howe on the interwebs
Join DYT Insider
DYT Insider is our newsletter program. I share episodes, my best work on product and design and give away my best ebooks and other resources for free so you can download them and read at your own pace. Join me here.
Getting Started & Resources
- Tiny Book Of Triggers for actionable triggers to learn fresh new Product Management & Design skills & more. (click here to download)
- Get Started with Design Your Thinking (click here)
- Handpicked Resources (click here)