John Lee Dumas is the host of Entrepreneurs on Fire, a podcast he started in 2012 by releasing one new episode every single day. In this episode he talks about how building a business is also about finding the right metrics, and why he scaled-down the podcast (and launched a new one)!
Who is John Lee Dumas?
John Lee Dumas is an American entrepreneur and podcaster based in Puerto Rico. He is the founder and host of Entrepreneurs on Fire, a business podcast where he interviews successful entrepreneurs. As of 2018, his podcasts have received 70 million downloads with 1 million monthly listens.
EOFire launched on September 22, 2012. As his subscribers grew, he published Podcast Launch in the Amazon bookstore. Podcast Launch is a guide of the exact steps he took to launch Entrepreneurs On Fire. In 2013, Dumas launched Podcasters’ Paradise, a community of podcasters.
EOFire has featured several entrepreneurs including Tony Robbins, Seth Godin, Gary Vaynerchuk, Barbara Corcoran, Tim Ferriss, and Brian Tracy. The show was named Best of iTunes in 2013. EOFire generates 7 figures in revenue annually and Dumas continues to openly share his income breakdown in a monthly report on his site, verified by a CPA. Dumas’ audience has almost quadrupled since 2013, and in 2015, he made $195,000 in income. As of 2018, Dumas has podcasted over 2,000 episodes.'Try not to become a person of success, but try to become a person of value' - is a quote by Albert Einstein that impacted me a lot @johnleedumas. #podcasting #life #entrepreneur Click To Tweet
Why Should You Listen to John Lee Dumas?
There are plenty of reasons why you should listen to JLD. Let me give the top 3:
- John Lee Dumas launched his podcast in 2012 when there was a lot of talk about podcasting. In 2019, we are experiencing a similar wave.
- JLD changed the format of his show and the USP of his show. Listen to know why it’s perfectly fine to do so.
- He has grown his business across media and also physical products (journals).
What You’ll Learn from this Interview?
JLD talks about a lot of things in this interview. Here are specific things you’ll learn:
- John Lee Dumas talks about his most memorable interview and why he remembers it so much.
- He shares an interviewing trick (he corrects me here!) that you should definitely listen to.
- He shares the metrics he uses to measure his business and life (apart from money).
- JLD talks about the reason why he scaled-down his podcast from all 7 days a week.
- He talks about how the metrics of measuring his podcast has changed from 2012 to 2019.
- He also talks about a quote that he came across recently, that changed the way he thinks today.
- What would he do differently if he had to start a podcast today? He answers that question.
- He also answers the question – how to get noticed in a crowded market?
How Can You Listen?
JLD’s interview is available in audio.
Direct Link to Audio
How to Get In Touch with John Lee Dumas?
If you are a podcaster who’s thinking “Can I make my podcast better?” or if you are looking to start a new podcast, download my Podcast Cheatsheet and get your podcast idea (or fine-tune yours) in 30 minutes or less. You can download it from the form at the bottom of this page.
Thanks for Listening!
Please do share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to John Lee Dumas for taking the time to join me this week!