In this Focus Forty episode of The Design Your Thinking Podcast, I talk to Vivek Bedi, Head of Products at LearnVest, a fintech startup. Vivek talks about the importance of building relationships with people as the key to success in Product Management.
Who is Vivek Bedi?
Vivek Bedi is a passionate, driven, and high-energy executive with over 15 years of experience developing ingenious sets of products, driving sales/marketing targets, and optimizing operational functions across various industries.
- Ownership of client experience functions for Northwestern Mutual as well as a leading fin-tech LearnVest including digital and mobile financial planning products that reshaped the financial lives of 4.3M+ clients.
- Revolutionized communication platforms, products and services for 30k+ global employees and clients of Goldman Sachs, Inc.
- Established a first for screening industry set of digital, mobile, and global products as well as enhanced operations functions that doubled company sales revenue and lead to acquisition investment of $1.3B.
- Founded a mobile application suite targeted at changing the way consumers swap items with each other generating over 1k users.
What will you learn?
- Reason why Vivek is successful?
- Don’t get married to your product
- How Vivek manages to stay productive?
- Coffee, building relationships and more!
- Balancing the creative and productive sides of being a Product Manager
- What are the 3 things that Vivek believes is important in developing a Product Mindset?
- Storytelling, technology and keep the train moving
- Vivek’s view of Failure
- Acceptance and the circle of trust
- How does Vivek see the future of products and product management?
- Virtual engagement and soft skills
- Vivek’s advise to product managers
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Stitcher | TuneIn |