In this Topical Zoom episode of The Design Your Thinking Podcast, I speak with Kartik Narayanan. a Principal Consultant and Product Manager at ThoughtWorks, and we get chatting about understanding the role of a Business Analyst and how Product Managers can be successful working with Business Analysts.
Who is Kartik Narayanan?
Kartik Narayanan is a voracious reader and creative thinker. He likes to have a logical approach to everything in order to provide the simple, yet optimal solutions. He has published articles on business analysis and agile methodologies. As a hobby, he has developed four Android apps which are available in the play store for free. He loves technology, playing video games and listening to music.
He has been in the IT industry for the last 16 years; playing multiple roles. He is now the Product Manager for Bahmni at ThoughtWorks.
What will you learn?
- One thing that has made Kartik successful as a business analyst and maker
- What does Kartik’s classic day look like as a Business Analyst?
- How does Kartik manage to stay productive?
- Secret behind Kartik’s balance to stay creative while being productive?
- Top 3 tools Kartik used on a daily or weekly basis as a business analyst
- How different is the role of a Product Owner from that of a Product Manager?
- Key differences between the roles of a Product Manager and a Business Analyst
- Top 3 lessons Kartik learnt working with product teams?
- 3 biggest mistakes Kartik has seen product managers make
- 2 best product managers Kartik has worked with? Why he thinks they are the best?
- 3 Most important things business analysts and makers should focus on in developing a product mindset
- What’s Kartik’s advice for people who are contemplating a career path option between that of a Business Analyst and a Product Manager? How can they identify what’s right for them?
Kartik’s website – Digital Amrit
Kartik on LinkedIn
Kartik’s Android Apps on the Google Play Store
Listen to Matt LeMay talk about Active Listening