In this Focus Forty episode, I speak with Kevin Steigerwald, a full-stack product designer, Co-founder and CPO of Notion about his success, productivity and unique points of view of products.
Who is Kevin Steigerwald?
Kevin is a full-stack product designer with over 10 years of experience designing, researching, marketing, planning, and building products. From package design in big-box retailers to indie games in the App Store, Kevin has a passion for designing experiences that make our lives easier and more enjoyable. He believes pie is better for dessert than charts, tortillas make the best utensil, and the iPhone 4 is the proper screen size for a phone.
What you will learn – Full-stack Product Designer Mindset, Pies, iPhone 4 and more!
Kevin talks about his views on why pies are good as desserts (his rationale here is very important for us to understand!). He also talks about his obsession with lists and the ways he manages to strike a balance between being productive and being creative.
- You have this tagline that you believe pie is better for dessert than charts, tortillas make the best utensil and that iPhone 4 is the proper screen size for a phone. What makes you think that way?
- What is that one thing that you think, has made you successful as a product designer and maker?
- How do you manage to stay productive as a product person?
- How do you manage to stay creative while being productive?
To be continued in Episode 111.
- Kevin Steigerwald on the interwebs
- Twitter @sproutworx
- Kevin’s company is Notion
- Kevin’s email kevin at usenotion dot com
Getting Started & Resources
- Tiny Book Of Triggers for actionable triggers to learn fresh new Product Management & Design skills & more. (click here to download)
- Get Started with Design Your Thinking (click here)
- Handpicked Resources (click here)