In this Focus Forty episode of The Design Your Thinking Podcast, I talk to Jeff Gothelf about his journey from a circus to a product maker and we discuss about writing, his productivity and creativity hacks that help him sense respond to changes.
Who is Jeff Gothelf?
Jeff is the author of Lean UX and the upcoming Sense and Respond, a speaker and organizational designer. Over his nearly 20 years in digital products and services Jeff has worked to bring a customer-centric, evidence-based approach to product strategy, design and leadership. Jeff has worked in various roles and leadership positions at iXL, Fidelity, AOL, WebTrends, and TheLadders. Most recently Jeff co-founded Neo Innovation (sold to Pivotal Labs) in New York City and helped build it into one of the most recognized brands in modern product strategy, development and design. As a principal in Neo’s NYC office, Jeff functioned as head of executive training, coaching, workshops and education. Jeff is regularly keynoting conferences, teaching workshops or working directly with client leadership teams across North America, Europe & Asia.
What will you learn?
- Success & Thinking
- What is that one thing that Jeff thinks, has made you successful as a Lean UX expert and maker?
- How does Jeff manage to stay productive?
- What does Jeff do to manage the balance between staying creative while being productive?
- Product Mindset
- The 3 things that Jeff believes is important for product makers need to be good at, to be able to make products that people love
- Jeff Gothelf’s Twitter handle – @jboogie
- Jeff’s website and blog – jeffgothelf.com
- Jeff’s latest book ‘Sense and Respond: How Successful Organizations Listen to Customers and Create New Products Continuously’ (buy on Amazon)