In this Topical Zoom episode, I speak with 6 experts about Mastering the Art of Communication, a key Product Mindset topic. I speak with Daniel Zacarias, Kevin Steigerwald, Tristan Kromer, Indi Young, Sarah Doody and Mona Patel.
Communication is a key aspect of making products, and yet it is so less talked about. Communication is also stereotyped to “mediums” of communication like email, phone, in-person. When someone says “this person’s communication skills is bad/good”, they mostly refer to the way the person speaks or writes. But communication is beyond reading and writing. In this episode, I speak with 6 experts in the field of making products to understand more about communication in the context of making products. We cover things like:
- forms of communication beyond written or spoken.
- perspectives of communication
- importance of communication in product management, design and entrepreneurship
(Related Article: Getting To Why)
Links to episodes – Communication, Product Mindset & more
- Product Opportunities for the Future (click here to listen directly)
- Visual Communication, Active Listening and Learning Fast (click here to listen directly)
- Understanding People Using Mental Models (click here to listen directly)
- The User Experience Mindset & UX Notebook (click here to listen directly)
- Customer Feedback & Hearing YES When they Say NO (click here to listen directly)
- Full-stack Product Designer Mindset (click here to listen directly)
- Dear Product Designers – Rebundling Is Here (click here to listen directly)
Links to Guests’ Profiles
- Daniel Zacarias
- Kevin Steigerwald
- Tristan Kromer
- Indi Young
- Sarah Doody
- Mona Patel
Join DYT Insider
DYT Insider is our newsletter program. I share episodes, my best work on product and design and give away my best ebooks and other resources for free so you can download them and read at your own pace. Join me here.
Getting Started & Resources
- Tiny Book Of Triggers for actionable triggers to learn fresh new Product Management & Design skills & more. (click here to download)
- Get Started with Design Your Thinking (click here)
- Handpicked Resources (click here)
Join Me In Documenting the Product Mindset
Subscribe to my newsletter (DYT Insider) from the below form to get updates and participate in documenting the Product Mindset (and be the first ones to get a copy of it when it is ready!).