In this Focus Forty episode of The Design Your Thinking Podcast, I talk to Ellen Chisa about her success, thinking, the cost of doing business and the product mindset.
Who is Ellen Chisa?
Ellen Chisa is the Vice President of Product of Lola, an app that provides on-demand service for all things related to travel. She joined Lola in May 2015, after several years as a product manager for Kickstarter and Microsoft. She has a lifelong passion for education, and has dedicated her career to developing products that facilitate learning and focus on User Experience, particularly for mobile devices. Chisa is a graduate of the Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering with a B.S. in Electrical & Computer Engineering, and is currently on sabbatical from Harvard Business School, after completing her first year. She currently resides in Boston, Massachusetts.
What will you Learn? Product Mindset, How to look at Cost in doing business, and more.
- What makes Ellen successful?
- Productivity secrets
- Balancing between being productive and being creative
- The 3 most important skills every product manager should possess
- Ellen’s view of how the discipline of Product Management would change in the next 5 years
- How does Ellen see the role of a Product Manager evolve in the years to come?
- Ellen shares an exercise you should do in the next few minutes after listening to this episode
- Ellen Chisa on the interwebs
- Danone app – dayoneapp.com
- Mindset – A book by Carol Dweck