In this Focus Forty episode of The Design Your Thinking Podcast, I talk to Scott Sehlhorst who is a Product Management and Strategy Consultant about harnessing curiosity to understanding customer needs.
Who is Scott Sehlhorst?
Scott Sehlhorst is passionate about helping companies create great products – from large companies navigating internal complexity and overcoming institutional momentum to startups trying to be market-driven without becoming bogged down in bureaucracy.
As a product management and strategy consultant, he mainly focuses on closing the gap between executive vision and team execution.
What will you learn?
- Reason why Scott is successful?
- Harnessing curiosity
- How Scott manages to stay productive?
- Time management
- Balancing the creative and productive sides of being a Product Manager
- Listen to Scott’s in-depth view on creativity and how he balances it with being productive
- What are the 3 things that Scott believes is important in developing a Product Mindset?
- Outside-in view, Company strategy alignment and Emotional Intelligence
- Anti-Patterns Scott sees in product companies and startups
- Solving the right problem, founders vision, customer-driven
- Roadmap vs Release Plan
- How does Scott see the future of products and product management?
- Change in economies, Decentralization
- Scott’s advise to product managers
- Impact Mapping exercise
Join DYT Insider
3 Reasons to Signup:
- Get my Best Work - 30-Day Product Mission eBook, Tiny Book Of Triggers, and more in one bundle!
- Explore my Best Content - Expert Interview analysis, Lessons I teach my students, FREE courses & much more.
- No Nonsense - Actionable Content that matters