In this Ferris Wheel episode, I speak with Kelly Goto, an evangelist for design ethnography and Principal of gotomedia about the Design Ethnography mindset.
Who is Kelly Goto?
As an evangelist for design ethnography, Kelly is dedicated to understanding how real people integrate products and services into their daily lives. Kelly is principal of gotomedia LLC and gotoresearch, a global leader in research-driven, people-friendly interface design and strategy for web, mobile, and product solutions for clients including Samsung, Hyundai, Sony Ericsson, Nokia, Adobe, and Seiko Epson Japan.
What you will learn – Design Ethnography Mindset and more!
- Who in your mind are the most unorthodox designers? Why? What do you think of them?
- When it comes to designing products, the first name that comes to my mind is Apple and David Kelley of IDEO. Who you think are the most impressive, lesser-known teachers in the product design space?
- What is Ethnography?
- How is Ethnography different from Anthropology?
- What makes you different from other designers in the product design space? Who are the people that’ve influenced you the most?
To be continued in Episode 109.
- Kelly Goto on the interwebs
- Twitter @go2girl
- Mindful Tech : Storytelling, Videography and Blogging
- People mentioned by Kelly