In this Topical Zoom episode, I speak with Matthew Ström, who is the co-founder of Planetary, a design agency, to talk about his views on success, productivity and tools his distributed design agency use.
Who is Matthew Ström?
Matt is a designer and developer. He lives in Brooklyn, New York. He co-founded Planetary four years ago, and is currently leading the design organization. Matt likes to spend his time making art and music with mathematics. He plays ping-pong, and has a dog named Tim.
What you will learn – Distributed Design Agency, Tools and more!
This topic requires some background. Matthew Ström runs a design agency that’s distributed across the globe and has been successful at it for over 4 years. Working in distributed teams is challenging and in that, doing design work can seem impossible. Matt and his team have mastered the art of working as a distributed design agency, and shares his experience managing talent, culture, tools and their interdependencies.
- Can you tell us a little bit about your background and what you guys do at Planetary?
- What is that one thing that you think has made you successful as a design manager you are?
- You told me before we started to record that you work with remote teams. How do you manage to keep yourself productive?
- You said you use tools (and built some) to work with remote teams. What are these tools? How did you decide which ones to buy and which ones to build?
To be continued in Episode 103.
- Matthew Ström on the interwebs
- Twitter @ilikescience
- Planetary on the interwebs
- Twitter @plntary
Getting Started & Resources
- Tiny Book Of Triggers for actionable triggers to learn fresh new Product Management & Design skills & more. (click here to download)
- Get Started with Design Your Thinking (click here)
- Handpicked Resources (click here)