In this Topical Zoom episode, I speak with Filip Valica, a mechanical engineer and the founder of The Product Startup about DIY and the fundamentals of making and launching hardware products people love.
Who is Filip Valica?
Filip Valica has been a mechanical engineer and manager for over 12 years, designing, testing and building products. He has worked for a broad range of companies – from mom-and-pop small businesses to some of the largest corporations in the US. Filip founded The Product Startup to provide a step-by-step blueprint to aspiring product creators wanting to bring their own ideas to market.
What you will learn – Making Hardware Products & more!
- Career journey from IBM to The Product Startup
- Are we born creative?
- How do you manage to stay productive?
- Describe your daily routine using a typical work-day
- How did you get into DIY (and not just hardware products) & how does it reflect your inner beliefs?
- Business of hardware products
- Where do people get started, if they intended to focus their DIY passion into making products?
- What are your favorite blogs, books and other resources when it comes to DIY?
- Filip Valica on the interweb
- Books referred in this episode