In this Topical Zoom episode of The Design Your Thinking Podcast, I speak with John Reaves about Arts-based Learning.
Who is John Reaves?
John Reaves is a consultant, producer and facilitator working across a variety of innovation-related areas, including product development, product marketing, service innovation, education and the arts. He has a background in anthropology, sociology, and theater, and has worked with a wide range of clients and organizations, including IBM, SAP, Epson, Nationwide, Kraft, Arm & Hammer, the National Science Foundation, Yale University and the Moscow Art Theatre.
In this particular episode, you will learn
- What John does as a consultant, producer and facilitator?
- How John helps companies innovate in the areas of product development and product marketing
- What is the Art of Science Learning initiative?
- What is Art-based Learning?
- How can businesses take advantage of arts-based learning?
- What is the difference between Arts-based learning and Design Thinking?
- An Arts-based learning exercise that product makers and product teams can practice on a Friday afternoon
John Reaves on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/johnreaves
John Reaves by email – jreaves at learningworlds.com
PDF that explains how Harvey Seifter is creating a test for creativity – http://www.artofsciencelearning.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/AoSL-Research-Report-The-Impact-of-Arts-Based-Innovation-Training-Executive-Summary-release-copy.pdf