In this Focus Forty episode of The Design Your Thinking Podcast, I talk to Ash Maurya about his success & thinking and the Product Mindset.
Who is Ash Maurya?
Ash Maurya is the author of the international bestseller “Running Lean: How to Iterate from Plan A to a plan that works” and the creator of the one-page business modeling tool “Lean Canvas”.
Ash is praised for offering some of the best and most practical advice for entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs all over the world. Driven by the search for better and faster ways for building successful products, Ash has developed a systematic methodology for raising the odds of success built upon Lean Startup, Customer Development, and Bootstrapping techniques.
Ash is also a leading business blogger and his posts and advice have been featured in Inc. Magazine, Forbes, and Fortune. He regularly hosts sold out workshops around the world and serves as a mentor to several accelerators including TechStars, MaRS, Capital Factory, and guest lecturers at several universities including MIT, Harvard, and UT Austin. Ash serves on the advisory board of a number of startups, and has consulted to new and established companies.
Ash lives in Austin, TX.
In this particular episode, you will learn
- What makes Ash successful?
- How Ash keeps himself productive?
- Right-Action-Right-Time formula
- Managing distractions
- How Ash manages the balance between being productive and being creative?
- Starting with a goal
- Exposing yourself to a lot of different inputs
- What Ash believes are the top three things that’s important for developing a Product Mindset
- Ash’s view of how the discipline of Product Management would change in the next 5 years
- It’s Jobs not Products
- How does Ash see the role of a Product Manager evolve in the years to come?
Ash Maurya on Twitter @ashmaurya
Lean Stack website – https://leanstack.com
Ash’s latest book, Scaling Lean
Jobs To Be Done framework – http://www.christenseninstitute.org/key-concepts/jobs-to-be-done/
Join DYT Insider
3 Reasons to Signup:
- Get my Best Work - 30-Day Product Mission eBook, Tiny Book Of Triggers, and more in one bundle!
- Explore my Best Content - Expert Interview analysis, Lessons I teach my students, FREE courses & much more.
- No Nonsense - Actionable Content that matters