In this Ferris Wheel episode of The Design Your Thinking Podcast, I talk to Laurence McCahill and deconstruct his Product Mindset by asking questions that get deep into the way he thinks.
Who is Laurence McCahill?
A recovering digital agency founder, Laurence co-founded The Happy Startup School as a backlash against the prevailing startup culture of high growth and fast exits. In less than 3 years this has grown into a 100,000 strong grass roots movement, having built their reputation on a series of game-changing events and programs.
In this particular episode, you will learn
- What is Happiness as a business model?
- What does the Happy Startup School do?
- Who Laurence thinks are the most unorthodox product / startup people? Why? What do you think of them?
- Who Laurence thinks are the most impressive, lesser-known teachers in the product / startup space?
- What makes Laurence different from other entrepreneurs and makers?
- Who are the people that’ve influenced Laurence the most? Why?
- Laurence McCahill on Twitter @welovelean
- Introduction to The Design Your Thinking Podcast – designyourthinking.com/episode000
- Ash Maurya on “Lean Product Mindset and Running Lean” – designyourthinking.com/episode007
- The Happy Startup Canvas – www.thehappystartupschool.com/blog/2015/9/29/introducing-the-happy-startup-canvas
- The Happy Startup School – www.thehappystartupschool.com
- Winning Without Losing book by Martin Bjergegaard
- Rework book by David Heinemeier Hansson of Basecamp (previously known as 37Signals)
- Remote book by David Heinemeier Hansson of Basecamp (previously known as 37Signals)
- The Seven-Day Weekend book by Ricardo Semler