In this episode, I speak with Ramon Mañas Corbinos, the founder of Odisei Music and the creator of the world’s smallest and lightest electronic saxophone. He gets deep into the story of how everything got started after his music band stopped performing.
Who is Ramon Mañas Corbinos?
Ramon Mañas Corbinos was born and raised in Barcelona. He studied Industrial Design Engineering. His main passion is traveling, playing music, martial arts, and practicing motor sports such as Enduro.
He enjoys jamming with other musicians and tries to do it as often as possible while traveling. 6 years ago he started his own band where he played the drums. Nowadays he plays the saxophone in a Blues band.
He has always been really interested in entrepreneurship and has started several businesses in the past few years and the latest one is called Odisei Music where Travel Sax is our first product.We set a target for €7000 to validate the idea (and hopefully raise some money), but we ended up meeting the target in 2hours and eventually raised €99,953! - @ramonmanas on @kickstarter #travel #music Click To Tweet
Why Should You Listen to Ramon Mañas Corbinos?
There are plenty of reasons why you should listen to Ramon. Let me give the top 3:
- Ramon is building a product that’s aligned with his passion – he talks about how he identified it by following his passion.
- His Kickstarter campaign was over-pledged by 1428% – he understood the exact problem before building his product.
- Ramon’s story is one from Barcelona (not the United States) and is proof to the fact that stories like this can happen in any part of the world.
What You’ll Learn from this Interview?
Ramon talks about a lot of things in this interview. Here are specific things you’ll learn:
- Why did he choose to build an electronic saxophone?
- How Ramon went about finding his team?
- Why did Ramon choose to manufacture in Barcelona and how he feels about this decision?
- Why Ramon chose to start a Kickstarter project and how did it impact the Travel Sax?
- Ramon talks about how he looks at success.
and so much more!
How Can You Listen?
Ramon’s interview is available in audio.
Direct Link to Audio
How to Get In Touch with Ramon Mañas Corbinos?
Join the Newsletter
I wanted to take a minute to tell you about my newsletter. If you happen to be running a business, or just getting started, I want to invite you to signup for my newsletter. Every week I share resources, stories, and conversations so we can exchange notes as we build our businesses. So if you are a business owner, entrepreneur or solopreneur, or whichever way you identify yourself, do signup for the newsletter at designyourthinking.com/newsletter.
Thanks for Listening!
Please do share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Ramon Mañas Corbinos for taking the time to join me this week!