In this Topical Zoom episode, I speak with John Vars, who is currently the Chief Product Officer at Varo Money about his journey from an Engineer to Entrepreneur of a Pets Social Network. He talks about his experience starting Dogster and the lessons he learnt.
Who is John Vars?
John Vars is the Chief Product Officer at Varo Money, an all-in-one mobile banking app. Previously, John was the Chief Product Officer at TaskRabbit, Vice President of Product at Say Media, and Co-Founder of Dogster. He began his career as an engineer and engineering manager at Travelocity.
What you will learn – John’s Engineer to Entrepreneur journey and more!
- Can you tell us a little bit about your journey from a Travelocity, to Dogster, to Task Rabbit to Varo Money?
- What is that one thing that you think has made you successful as an entrepreneur and product manager?
- Let’s go back in time to the point when you were working at Travelocity. How did the idea of Dogster come about?
- Can you tell us about what Dogster is and how did you go about finding the product/market fit?
- What was the challenge? Why was it difficult? How did you navigate the phase? What did you learn?
To be continued in Episode 94.