In this episode of The Design Your Thinking Podcast, I speak with Shwetambari Shetty, who talks about her journey as a woman from working in a bank to entrepreneurship in the fitness niche.
Who is Shwetambari Shetty?
Shwetambari Shetty is today, a fitness expert at CureFit. She co-founded Tribe Fitness Club, one of India’s largest fitness clubs which was later acquired by Curefit. She was the third fittest woman in Crossfit Open India 2017 and has various other credits to her name including being one of India’s first Zumba Fitness Master Trainers.
Why Should You Listen to Shwetambari Shetty?
There are plenty of reasons why you should listen to Shwetambari Shetty. Let me give the top 3:
- She’s catapulted her career by trusting her gut and running with opportunities that came her way.
- Shwetambari Shetty talks about how to manifest opportunities and her secret of never needing to worry about finances.
- She unwraps everything she did to launch her fitness business, Tribe Fitness Club – from cleaning toilets to offering to wake-up and pick her clients.
What Does She Talk about in this Interview?
Personal Life & Choices
- What do you call yourself today?
- What was childhood like?
- Moving cities and change in interests.
- Picking studies; 19 years old.
- Moving cities and change in interests, doing Bachelors in Commerce
- Parents wanting her to get married
- What was your job at HSBC?
- What did Growth to you?
- Joining to Manage a New Health Club.
- Meeting Her Husband, Vivek.
- What’s the new Job Role like?
- The Transition Period from HSBC, Meeting Vivek.
- Vivek’s Marriage Ultimatum – A Letter to get Married.
Interests & Opportunities
- Learning Zumba.
- Post Marriage Urge to do something.
- What is Zumba?
- Why Zumba is fun for Shweta? Fun.
- How did you manage finances?
- Balancing between Fitness, Eating, and Drinking.
Entrepreneurship, Reflections & Learnings
- From Freelance to Tribe.
- How you started her journey to entrepreneurship with Tribe (and research)?
- How did you Launch?
- Being the first – Zumba, Crossfit, and more.
- First Year of Tribe.
- Customer expectations and Loyalty.
- Fitness Market and Inspiration.
- Goals, Reality, and Growth in the First few years.
- Credit Acquisition.
- Having a Partner who Inspires.
- Reflections on Growth and Journey.
- Future of Curefit.
- Nutrition and Fitness.
- Spending time with Family.
- Social Media, Online Presence, and Trolls.
- Discontinuing Zumba.
- Women and weight training.
How Can You Listen?
Shwetambari Shetty’s interview is available both in audio and video. But here’s a reason why you must listen to both:
- The audio takes a narrative style to walk through many of the key topics (from the previous section).
- The video is an unfiltered conversation (over 150 minutes)
Direct Link to Audio
Direct Link to Video
How to Get In Touch with Shwetambari Shetty?
YouTube: Shwetambari Shetty
Website: a cure.fit/cult
FREE Podcasting Course
I want to give a quick shout out about a new course and workshop series I just opened. If you are a small business owner or run a bigger organization or a personal brand that’s looking to leverage the power of podcasts, this one is for you.
But wait! Why should you start a podcast, when you can reach your brand far and wide through advertisements and promotions?
Simply put, it saves you a ton of money and helps you engage with your market and build your brand at least 10x better. Well, if your goal is to grow your business or personal brand while deeply engaging with customers and prospects in your market, voice is your best bet.
To find out more about the power of voice and my course and workshop series, go to designyourthinking.com/voice.
You can find more useful resources for audio/video creation or editing and much more on my Resources page.
Read the Manifesto
Season 2 of The Design Your Thinking Podcast is inspired by the DYT Manifesto. Do download a copy of the manifesto here (no email required).