In this episode, Molly Currey talks about why you should follow your passion full-time or as a side-gig, and build your book of stories. She shares her story from racing cars to becoming a world champion, fighting cancer, and now helping big brands as a PR executive to tell their stories.
Who is Molly Currey?
Molly Currey is a world champion off-road race car driver, the only woman in the world to race a semi-truck up Pikes Peak Mountain. Molly has run two marathons and competed in roller derby. She’s a mom of two awesome kids and takes pride in beating the daylight out of breast cancer. She’s now building an empire for DKC Public Relations working with clients in the food, beverage, and lifestyle space. She works every day both creating and telling stories.For a long time I felt like things landed in my lap, I was lucky. But I've come to realize that it's not about luck. It's about hard work. It's about exploring passions and taking action to make things real. @mollynann #entrepreneurship Click To Tweet
Why Should You Listen to Molly Currey?
There are plenty of reasons why you should listen to Molly. Let me give the top 3:
- Molly is a world champion race car driver! How often do you get to speak to someone like her? 🙂
- She conquered cancer.
- She successfully rode on her passion for racing cars and built a career by staying close to her passion.
What You’ll Learn from this Interview?
Molly talks about a lot of things in this interview. Here are specific things you’ll learn:
- She shares her ‘origin story’ and how she got started with racing cars.
- Molly talks about her interest in entrepreneurship and being an entrepreneur one day.
- She talks about why she’s spent 2 decades in the public relations industry, and what she likes about what she does.
- She laughs when I ask her to share something about her that no one knows. And then she talks about her “introvertedness”.
- Molly answers my question on how she managed to keep her mental balance between being a world champion and getting her degree.
- She talks about legacy, and how she looks at the way her father chose to pass on his legacy with racing and cars to her and her siblings.
- She gives advice on how you can follow your heart and build your book of stories.
- Towards the end of the interview, Molly gives entrepreneurs one advice on public relations.
and so much more!
How Can You Listen?
Molly’s interview is available in audio.
Direct Link to Audio
How to Get In Touch with Molly Currey?
Join the Newsletter
I wanted to take a minute to tell you about my newsletter. If you happen to be running a business, or just getting started, I want to invite you to signup for my newsletter. Every week I share resources, stories, and conversations so we can exchange notes as we build our businesses. So if you are a business owner, entrepreneur or solopreneur, or whichever way you identify yourself, do signup for the newsletter at designyourthinking.com/newsletter.
Thanks for Listening!
Please do share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Molly Currey for taking the time to join me this week!