John Sanei is a trend specialist, futurist, and best-selling author who was a multimillionaire in his 20s. But he lost all his wealth, went bankrupt, and went down a downward spiral that cost him his marriage. In this episode, he shares his techniques in trendspotting that can help you future-proof your business or even start and grow a new one.
He explains how his experiences being bankrupt actually led him to where he is today. John also talks about a little known secret about the James Cameron blockbuster Avatar, and how his experience with it led to his transformation.
Who is John Sanei?
John Sanei (Sah-nay) is a best-selling author, futurist, and speaker whose passion for psychology and technology has seen him engage with brands across the globe, and help them build the mental approach needed to make tomorrow more abundant than they ever thought possible.
In What’s Your Moonshot? (his first book) he inspires the reader to ask bigger, bolder, and more courageous questions about the future. In MAGNETiiZE – his second book, he invites the reader to focus on elegant, conscious, and deliberate questions about the future.
John is also proudly the first African faculty member of Singularity University in San Francisco and The Duke Corporate Education.'If you think about what Warren Buffet did or Bill Gates did, they followed their highest excitement. As simple as that. It's what makes you excited, what shines brightest, go there!' - @IamJohnSanei about following your heart #art… Click To Tweet
Why Should You Listen to John Sanei?
There are plenty of reasons why you should listen to John Sanei. Let me give the top 3:
- How to spot trends in your business and why trendspotting can help you innovate, future-proof, and grow exponentially?
- How to have the best employees, best customers, and a cult following for your business?
- Solid, actionable advice on what you should not be doing when all is going well with your career and life.
- A little known secret from the movie Avatar, and how knowing is helping him (and can help you) rethink and approach life differently?
What You’ll Learn from this Interview?
John talks about a lot of things in this interview. Here are specific things you’ll learn:
- How “where you grow” doesn’t really matter to “what you can become”?
- John’s journey to building a business and becoming a multimillionaire.
- How John rebuilt his career and life from being bankrupt and battling a broken marriage?
- Why John is so deeply interested in the future, and how he discovered it?
- How does he respond when a corporation or company comes to him with the fear of what they are going to do in the future?
- Corporations are a bigger version of humans. More complex. How do you see these corporations to reach this get to this realization? this level of awareness?
- Why do companies bring in Futurists from outside?
- Who are the people in big companies that think about the future, so much so that they bring in people like you?
- What are the biggest mistakes companies make in an attempt to be future-ready?
- How to analyze trends to futureproof your business?
- John talks about his two books and shares the highlights.
- He explains why he wants to be on stage with Simon Sinek.
- What does success mean to John personally?
- The little known secret from the movie Avatar.
and so much more!If you wanted to speak to a million people just a few hundred years ago, you needed to be an emperor of an empire. If you wanted to speak to a million people just 25 years ago, you needed to be the Prime Minister of a country. Today you… Click To Tweet
How Can You Listen?
John Sanei’s interview is available in audio.
Direct Link to Audio
How to Get In Touch with John Sanei?
Support for This Show
Think about this. Back in the early 2000s, a lot of creative business owners started using Myspace to showcase their work and also grow their businesses. Jim, was one of them.
But in just a few years, Facebook arrived and a lot of these businesses, including Jim, found themselves in a deserted place and had to literally start from scratch. Jim lost all his leads, customer contacts, and everything else he had going on, inside Myspace. This is bound to happen when you rent a place…like a social media platform, to grow your business and brand.
Here’s something I want you to consider. Take full control of your business and your brand. Bring your customers and leads to your own website. And you can do it all by yourself, without having to spend thousands of dollars on a web agency.
Thrive Membership by Thrive Themes can help you do just that. You can have your website, completely from scratch in just a few hours. Thrive Membership comes with a ton of readymade design templates, lets you collect email addresses and 11 powerful tools to build your business presence online. And for all of this, you pay just $19/month. Not a penny more. To learn more about Thrive Membership, go to designyourthinking.com/thrive.
I use this personally, and if you have any questions, do drop an email to hello AT designyourthinking.com with ’Thrive’ in the subject line, and I or my team will be happy to help you get unstuck. Again, the link is designyourthinking.com/thrive.
Thanks for Listening!
Please do share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to John Sanei for taking the time to join me this week!