In this Ferris Wheel episode of The Design Your Thinking Podcast, I speak with Chad McAllister who is the host of The Everyday Innovator podcast, about Innovation and how it plays a key role in making products.
Who is Chad McAllister?
Chad McAllister is the host of The Everyday Innovator podcast, author of Turning Ideas into Market-Winning Products, and founder of Product Innovation Educators. He is a Top 40 Product Management Influencer.
What will you learn?
- Who, in Chad’s mind, are the most unorthodox people in the product innovation space?
- Who Chad thinks are the most impressive, lesser-known teachers in the product innovation space?
- What makes Chad different from other innovators, and who have had the biggest influence on him?
- How successful people and startups that Chad has coached have been in being able to replicate the results?
- The biggest mistakes Chad sees product teams and startups make when it comes to innovating products. What Chad sees as a waste of time in what they do today?
- What are Chad’s favorite books & resources on innovating products? If people had to teach themselves to innovate, what Chad suggests they do?
- Chad’s 4-8 week coaching plan for you and me to do product innovation right
- Should Product Managers always Innovate?
Chad McAllister’s Podcast – The Everyday Innovator Podcast
Access the Product Mastery Roadmap
General Electric’s Innovation Lab and co-creation community – First Build
Book – What Customers Want: Using Outcome-Driven Innovation to Create Breakthrough Products and Services by Tony Ulwick
Episodes based on Influencers and Experts Chad referred during the conversation
- Ellen Chisa on Whisky Evaporation and Cost of Doing Business
- Ash Maurya on the Lean Product Mindset and Running Lean