In this Focus Forty episode I speak with Jackie Bavaro, Head of PM at Asana, about Leading without Authority, success and more.
The one thing we, as product makers, most often ignore is the relationships with our team members, customers and other stakeholders. Secondly, we miss the fact that a lot of our success needs some amount of inward-focus. In this episode, we speak about:
- Why relationships are key for product managers and makers.
- The key areas we need to focus on as product managers and makers.
- How our guest looks at success and failure.
Who is Jackie Bavaro?
Head of PM at Asana. Co-Author of Cracking the PM Interview, the best selling book on product management. Previously @ Google & Microsoft.
What you will learn – Leading Without Authority and more!
- What is that one thing that you think, has made you successful as a product manager and maker?
- How do you manage to stay productive as a product person?
- How do you manage to stay creative while being productive?
- The 3 most important things that Jackie thinks is important for product makers in developing a Product Mindset.
- How does Jackie see the notion of products change in the next 5 years.
- Jackie’s view in how the roles of product management and design would change in the next 5 years.
- Jackie Bavaro on the interwebs
- Twitter @jackiebo
- Jackie’s book
- Cracking the PM Interview (Click here to Buy on Amazon)
Join DYT Insider
DYT Insider is our newsletter program. I share episodes, my best work on product and design and give away my best ebooks and other resources for free so you can download them and read at your own pace. Join me here.
Getting Started & Resources
- Tiny Book Of Triggers for actionable triggers to learn fresh new Product Management & Design skills & more. (click here to download)
- Get Started with Design Your Thinking (click here)
- Handpicked Resources (click here)
Join DYT Insider
3 Reasons to Signup:
- Get my Best Work - 30-Day Product Mission eBook, Tiny Book Of Triggers, and more in one bundle!
- Explore my Best Content - Expert Interview analysis, Lessons I teach my students, FREE courses & much more.
- No Nonsense - Actionable Content that matters