In this Ferris Wheel episode of The Design Your Thinking Podcast, I speak with Kate Rutter who is an entrepreneur, designer and Principal at Intelleto who talks about a 4 week Visual Thinking routine and shares some success stories.
Who is Kate Rutter?
Kate is an entrepreneur+designer and Principal at Intelleto, where she creates visual explanations that make complex ideas simple, memorable and shareable. Kate pioneered the UX learning track at Tradecraft, Co-founded Luxr.co, and was Senior Practitioner at UX consultancy Adaptive Path. She co-hosts the popular and not safe for work podcast “What is Wrong With UX” with Laura Klein, her best frienemy. Kate is currently writing a book to help product thinkers sketch with confidence.
What will you learn?
- Have you trained or coached other product people to do what you are doing as a designer? How successful have they been in being able to replicate the results?
- What are the biggest mistakes you see these product makers and startups make in their pursuit of design finesse? What do you see as a waste of time in what they do today?
- What are your favorite books & other resources on product design? If people had to teach themselves to design awesome products, what do you suggest they do?
- If you had to coach me to use visual thinking to launch a successful product in 4 weeks, and you had a million dollars in the line, what would the coaching look like?
- Kate Rutter and Laura Klein’s Podcast – What is Wrong With UX (iTunes)
- Kate’s Twitter handle @katerutter
- Lane Becker (@monstro)
- Janice Fraser (@clevergirl)
- Mike Kuniavsky
- Peter Merholz (@peterme)
- Jeff Veen
- Indi Young
- Dan Roam
Product Mindset and Thinking (Episode 44)
Product Launch Preparedness Checklist (Episode 47)