In this Focus Forty episode, I speak with Paul Yokota who is the Director of Product Management at Animoto. He talks about his success, the learning mindset and shares some excellent tips for product managers.
Who is Paul Yokota?
Paul is Director of Product Management at Animoto, a New York City-based startup dedicated to make it easy for anyone to make powerful, professional video. Paul joined Animoto in 2015, after several years as a product manager in Silicon Valley building DIY creation experiences on web and mobile. He is passionate about furthering the practice of product management, and has shared his product lessons learned in outlets such as the Mind the Product blog and the “This is Product Management” podcast.
What you will learn – Learning mindset, being curious and more!
- The one reason why Paul is successful as a product maker
- How does Paul manage to stay productive as a product person?
- Staying creative while being productive – How does Paul manage this balance?
- Three “things” that come’s to Paul’s mind, that he believes product designers and makers should focus on in developing a product mindset?
- Biggest mistakes Product Managers make – Paul’s views
- How does Paul see the notion of products change in the next 5 years?
- Evolution of the roles of a Product Manager – Paul’s view
- Paul’s advice to Product Makers
- John Vars on the interwebs
Getting Started & Resources
- Tiny Book Of Triggers for actionable triggers to learn fresh new Product Management & Design skills & more. (click here to download)
- Get Started with Design Your Thinking (click here)
- Handpicked Resources (click here)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Stitcher | TuneIn |