In this Ferris Wheel episode of The Design Your Thinking Podcast, I speak with Vedanayanan Vedantham, the head of global marketing at Simplilearn about Everything Product Managers and Makers Need to Know about Marketing Digital Products and SEO.
Who is Vedanarayanan Vedantham?
Vedanarayanan Vedantam (Veda) is the Head of marketing globally for Simplilearn. A true blue Indian MNC, an Edu-tech organization headquartered in India and providing knowledge to learners from across the globe. Before this avatar, he helped grow and scale multiple consumer internet businesses across travel and fashion verticals. He graduated from the CMO Academy – INSEAD Singapore in 2015 and he is a member of the India CMO Council Advisory Board.
He also happens to be a creative fiction writer. Conceptualized a fictional character – Prince Surya and published 4 e-books on Amazon as part of the “Adventures of Prince Surya” series.
What will you learn about digital products and marketing?
- Who, in Veda’s mind, are the most unorthodox digital marketers?
- Who Veda thinks are the most impressive, lesser-known teachers in the digital marketing space?
- What makes Veda different from other digital marketers, and who have had the biggest influence on him?
- How successful people and startups that Veda has coached have been in being able to replicate the results?
- The biggest mistakes Veda sees product teams and startups make when it comes to digital marketing. What Veda sees as a waste of time in what they do today?
- What are Veda’s favorite books & resources on inbound marketing? If people had to teach themselves content marketing, what Veda suggests they do?
- Veda’s 4-8 week coaching plan for you and me to do digital marketing right