Michael DiTullo is a designer who’s worked with big brands in the world like Nike, Google, Intel, Honda, Hasbro, and more. Even as a 13-year old, he was interested in drawing stuff from the future. He now runs his own design studio in San Diego where he does some amazing work for clients internationally.
In this episode, Michael talks about how he quite literally ‘programmed’ his career, worked with people like Michael Jordan, approaches design, and his views of success and failure.
Who is Michael DiTullo?
For more than 20 years Michael has been designing iconic products and brand experiences for some of the best brands in the world including Nike, Google, Motorola, Honda, and Hasbro.
Located a block from the Pacific Ocean in San Diego, his studio focuses on industry-leading halo projects across autonomous automotive, consumer electronics, travel, mobile devices, wearables, toys, and conceptual Hollywood entertainment projects.' If you want something, you have to put it out in the universe. And it will, just like stating it, help clear path and also will attract people that want to help you achieve it.' - @Michael_DiTullo about becoming a designer and how he did… Click To Tweet
Why Should You Listen to Michael DiTullo?
There are plenty of reasons why you should listen to Michael DiTullo. Let me give the top 3:
- Michael is an ordinary person like any of us, but he paid a little more attention to things a lot of us might typically discard.
- He has followed his passion from the time he was 8 or 9, and has always done things he believed is right.
- He has worked with some of the biggest brands and now is running his own studio – He has the right mix of a creative and an entrepreneur.
- BONUS: If you are thinking of building a physical product, he has solid advice for you in the second half of this episode.
What You’ll Learn from this Interview?
Michael talks about a lot of things in this interview. Here are specific things you’ll learn:
- Michael talks about the power of manifestation and how it helped him become a designer (which he never knew was a career).
- You will learn how to negotiate better by focusing on someone’s purpose.
- How much you can change an experience by doing something ridiculously small or seemingly insignificant.
- Why it’s important to be yourself, and how it can let that become your superpower.
- Why it matters most to be prepared, so when the right opportunity comes by, you are ready to take it.
- The importance of *not* saying *no* to opportunities when they come by.
- The lessons Michael learned from working directly with Michael Jordan.
- How you, as a consumer, can help companies make sustainable products.
- The difference between Design and design.
- Why it’s important for you to focus on your purpose and do things that don’t take you off-track.
and so much more!Sometimes you have to make a decision and then make it right. You have to see things through.- @Michael_DiTullo about spotting trends #design #business #success Click To Tweet
How Can You Listen?
Michael’s interview is available in audio.
Direct Link to Audio
How to Get In Touch with Michael DiTullo?
Support for This Show
Think about this. Back in the early 2000s, a lot of creative business owners started using Myspace to showcase their work and also grow their businesses. Jim, was one of them.
But in just a few years, Facebook arrived and a lot of these businesses, including Jim, found themselves in a deserted place and had to literally start from scratch. Jim lost all his leads, customer contacts, and everything else he had going on, inside Myspace. This is bound to happen when you rent a place…like a social media platform, to grow your business and brand.
Here’s something I want you to consider. Take full control of your business and your brand. Bring your customers and leads to your own website. And you can do it all by yourself, without having to spend thousands of dollars on a web agency.
Thrive Membership by Thrive Themes can help you do just that. You can have your website, completely from scratch in just a few hours. Thrive Membership comes with a ton of readymade design templates, lets you collect email addresses and 11 powerful tools to build your business presence online. And for all of this, you pay just $19/month. Not a penny more. To learn more about Thrive Membership, go to designyourthinking.com/thrive.
I use this personally, and if you have any questions, do drop an email to hello AT designyourthinking.com with ’Thrive’ in the subject line, and I or my team will be happy to help you get unstuck. Again, the link is designyourthinking.com/thrive.
Thanks for Listening!
Please do share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Michael DiTullo for taking the time to join me this week!