In this episode of The Design Your Thinking Podcast, I talk to a true multipotentiality. Dinesh Gopalan Nair is an Indian-Malaysian Bharatha Natyam dancer, makeup artist, and dentist. He started his career as a professional Bharatanatyam dancer at the age of 7, grew up to become a dentist. But somewhere in between, he took interest in bridal makeup. Why? What motivates him today? What struggles does he face today? We discuss all of that and more in this episode.
Who is Dinesh Gopalan Nair?
Dinesh is a Dentist by the week and a Makeup Artist and Bharatha Natyam Dancer on weekends. He hails from an Indian-Malaysian family who took interest in Bharathanatyam dance at a very young age. He is married to Hanujah, with whom he runs a bridal makeover brand called Blush Beauty and Beyond, where they offer bridal makeup and makeover services.
Why Should You Listen to Dinesh?
There are plenty of reasons why you should listen to Dinesh. Let me give the top 3:
- He successfully finds the balance between three different professions; he’s been doing this for quite a long time.
- Dinesh shows us why it’s important to find a balance between skills, passion, and money (and why skills are more important than the other two).
- He has followed his heart and interests to create and live a life that’s centered around happiness.
What Does He Talk about In this Interview?
- His childhood and how art played a key role in what he is today.
- His current lifestyle, and why he enjoys it, and how he plans to fix some challenges.
- Why he picked Dentistry over Medicine?
- How he and his wife balance their relationship while growing their bridal business.
- Why he considers education to be a centerpiece of his work, and his views on how people should teach.
- How he finds a balance between dentistry, makeup, and dance; and what his plans are for the future.
How Can You Listen?
Dinesh’s interview is available both in audio and video. But here’s a reason why you must listen to both:
- The audio takes a narrative style to walk through topics 1-6 (from the previous section).
- The video is an unfiltered conversation (over 1.25 hours)
Direct Link to Audio
Direct Link to Video
How to Get In Touch with Dinesh?
The episode is Supported By
I’d like to give a quick shout out to Thrive Themes. Thrive Architect by Thrive Themes is what I use to build this website. Do try Thrive Membership if you’d like to build a website like mine with zero technical help. I’m happy to share all the templates I’ve created, should you choose to give Thrive Membership a try. You can head over to designyourthinking.com/thrive.
Do signup for Thrive Membership and drop me a note at hello at design your thinking dot com to get access to the templates. You also get my detailed guide to create the most important pages on your website along with the templates.
You can find more useful resources for audio/video creation or editing and much more on my Resources page.
Read the Manifesto
Season 2 of The Design Your Thinking Podcast is inspired by the DYT Manifesto. Do download a copy of the manifesto here (no email required).