Mike Barrow is disrupting the wine industry by using Open Source technologies like Blockchain, IoT to disrupt the way winemaking, one of the world’s oldest industries, operates and do business. In this episode we dive into what makes his approach so disruptive, and why you should care.
Who is Mike Barrow?
Mike Barrow is the owner of Costaflores Organic Vineyard and the project lead at Openvino.org, world’s first open-source, transparent winery, and wine-backed cryptocurrency.
Why Should You Listen to Mike Barrow?
There are plenty of reasons why you should listen to Mike Barrow. Let me give the top 3:
- Mike is leading a disruptive innovation in the wine industry that has the potential to change winemaking and agriculture forever.
- He is the owner of a vineyard where his innovation is currently working (you can visit his website to see the status of his vineyard LIVE!)
- You can buy a bottle of authentic wine from his vineyard RIGHT NOW from your smartphone! (you can own a share in his company for every bottle of wine you drink!)
What You’ll Learn from this Interview?
Mike talks about a lot of things in this interview. Here are specific things you’ll learn:
- As a young kid, Mike convinced a reluctant computer store owner to give him a job to assemble Apple II computers. He tells how.
- How Mike’s innovation is going to impact the wine industry and how it’s going to make farmers and agriculturists happy in the future.
- How Mike convinced a musician friend to come along to Hunt for Luck.
- Why being a perfectionist is not the ideal way, and how you can never have the perfect wine all the time.
- How Openvino works to bring in process and price transparency, and how it allows for traceability from source to consumption.
- What Mike’s definition of success looks like.
and so much more!
How Can You Listen?
Mike’s interview is available in audio.
Direct Link to Audio
Join the Newsletter
I wanted to take a minute to tell you about my newsletter. If you happen to be running a business, or just getting started, I want to invite you to signup for my newsletter. Every week I share resources, stories and conversations so we can exchange notes as we build our businesses. So if you are a business owner, entrepreneur or solopreneur, or whichever way you identify yourself, do signup for the newsletter at designyourthinking.com/newsletter.
Thanks for Listening!
Please do share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Mike Barrow for taking time to join me this week!
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Stitcher | TuneIn |