In this Topical Zoom episode, I speak with Babu Vittal, Head of Human Resources at ShopClues, about Organizational Design and the learnings from managing digital transformation and working with Indian product startups.
Who is Babu Vittal?
Babu has about 2 decades of HR professional experience and specializes in start-up industry, organisation design and leadership coaching. He works very closely with start-up founders at senior management levels and has been part of amazing growth history of India’s poster boy in e-commerce, Flipkart. He currently heads HR for Shopclues, start-up of the year 2016.
Babu has worked with high profile start-ups, managed digital transformation for organisations, worked on intra and inter company M&A. He has effectively leveraged technology on all facets of human resources and has extensive experience in talent management. He is and Electronics Engineer and alumni of XLRI. Babu is a design thinker and did his design thinking program through Stanford University in 2015.
What will you learn?
- Organizational design – Lessons learnt from “managing digital transformations of organizations”.
- What would Babu do differently if he had to undertake a digital transformation exercise again?
- Learnings from attending Stanford’s Design Thinking bootcamp
- Key learnings from working with the founders and senior leadership at Flipkart?
- 3 areas Indian startups struggle
- What does Babu look for when hiring a Product person?