In this Focus Forty episode, I speak with Indi Young, a freelance problem space researcher and empathy consultant, to talk about Mental Models and her success. She was co-founder of the UX agency Adaptive Path.
Who is Indi Young?
Indi Young is a freelance problem-space researcher and empathy consultant in the technology world. She helps organizations understand the people they support as humans, not just as “users.” She was co-founder of the UX agency Adaptive Path. Indi has authored two books, Mental Models and Practical Empathy, writes on Medium, and has a newsletter. She also teaches remote and in-person workshops and hosts learning and community on her website.
What you will learn – Problem space research and more!
- What are Mental Models and Problem space Research?
- Differences and similarities between User Story Maps and Mental Models
- The one thing that has made Indi successful as a product maker
- How does Indi manage to stay productive as a product person?
- Staying creative while being productive – How does Indi manage this balance?
To be continued in the next episode…
- Indi Young on the interweb