In this Focus Forty episode, I speak with Kevin Steigerwald, a full-stack product designer, Co-founder and CPO of UseNotion about Product Mindset, Future of Products and more.
Who is Kevin Steigerwald?
Kevin is a full-stack product designer with over 10 years of experience designing, researching, marketing, planning, and building products. From package design in big-box retailers to indie games in the App Store, Kevin has a passion for designing experiences that make our lives easier and more enjoyable. He believes pie is better for dessert than charts, tortillas make the best utensil, and the iPhone 4 is the proper screen size for a phone.
What you will learn – a Product Designer – his perspectives of the future!
Kevin talks about what he thinks the future of products would be as a full-stack product designer. He goes on to talk about something called “unbundling” and “rebundling”, and how companies like Salesforce, Atlasssian are the best examples of this. Don’t miss this. Here are some questions I ask Kevin during the course of this episode:
- The 3 most important things that Kevin thinks is important for product makers in developing a Product Mindset.
- How does Kevin see the notion of products change in the next 5 years.
- Kevin’s view in how the roles of product management and design would change in the next 5 years.
- What Kevin wants you to do as a listener.
- Kevin Steigerwald on the interwebs
- Twitter @sproutworx
- Kevin’s company is Notion
- Kevin’s email kevin at usenotion dot com