In this Topical Zoom episode, I speak with C. Todd Lombardo, Chief Design Strategist at Fresh Tilled Soil to understand his journey, success and the role of Process in a Design Sprint.
Design Sprint is a book that C. Todd Lombardo, our guest today, wrote 2 years back (in 2015). The topic of today’s episode is however not the book. Instead, I speak to Todd about his journey to teaching design and practicing it. Also, we scratch the surface of the topic by understanding the role process plays in a design sprint. In this episode I try to understand 3 key things from Todd:
- Todd’s journey from Product Management to teaching and practicing Design.
- Understand what Todd thinks is the secret to his success.
- Role of Process in a Design Sprint
So, If you’ve had a unique experience on process and design sprint or in putting design to practice (even alongside your development), do leave a comment and join the conversation. If you haven’t, I urge you to listen in.
(Related Episode: Design Ethnography Mindset)
(Related Article: Getting To Why)
Who is C. Todd Lombardo?
C. Todd Lombardo is the Chief Design Strategist at Fresh Tilled Soil and an Adjunct Professor at IE Business School. He co-authored the book Design Sprint (O’Reilly 2015) and Product Roadmaps Relaunched (O’Reilly 2017). Follow him on Twitter @iamctodd.
What you will learn – Process in a Design Sprint, Success, Book and more!
- You have seem to have enjoyed an exciting and interesting journey in your career – from Product Management to Design and Teaching. How did all of this begin and what do you do today?
- What is that one thing that you think, has made you successful as a product designer and maker?
- Let’s talk about design. It’s probably a good idea to start with your book that came out in 2015 titled Design Sprints. Why did you choose to write that book?
- What is the role of process in design? How important is it and in your experience, what’s the most critical part of a design process?
Continued in Episode 119.
- C. Todd Lombardo on the interwebs
- Todd’s book
Join DYT Insider
DYT Insider is our newsletter program. I share episodes, my best work on product and design and give away my best ebooks and other resources for free so you can download them and read at your own pace. Join me here.