In this Topical Zoom episode, I speak with Mike Knoop, a co-founder and CPO at Zapier to understand the learnings from his experience scaling idea and building Zapier. He talks about his success, the birth of an idea, the role of Y Combinator, how he eats his own dog food and more.
Who is Mike Knoop?
Mike is a co-founder and CPO at Zapier, a 100% remote company that aims to help people across the world automate parts of their work. As CPO, Mike runs Zapier’s product teams today, helping them set and execute their roadmaps and strategy. Mike got a mechanical engineering degree from the University of Missouri and now calls San Mateo CA home.
What you will learn – Scaling Idea, story of Zapier and more!
- Can you tell us a little bit about how you got started with Zapier?
- What is that one thing that you think has made you successful as an entrepreneur and product manager?
- Can you describe how the idea (that’s now Zapier) came about? What problem inspired you?
- You later went on to be a part of YC S2012 batch. What were the challenges you faced at that point?
- Can you share use cases you use Zapier for, as a Product Manager and CPO?
To be continued in Episode 106.
- Mike Knoop on the interwebs
- Twitter @mikeknoop
- Zapier on the interwebs