In this episode, Lee Holmes, the founder of Supercharged Food, shares her story of overcoming an autoimmune disorder that led her to start her company. She shares plenty of insights and tips to help you eat the right kind of food and live a healthy lifestyle.
Who is Lee Holmes?
Lee Holmes is a holistic nutritionist, yoga and meditation teacher, wholefoods chef, and author of the bestselling Supercharged Food series, which includes Eat Your Way to Good Health; Eat Yourself Beautiful; Eat Clean, Green and Vegetarian; Supercharged Food for Kids; Eat Right for Your Shape; Fast Your Way to Wellness, Heal Your Gut and the 2018 follow-up, Supercharge Your Gut.
Her latest book Supercharge Your Life puts real food front and center on the table. She runs a four-week ‘Heal Your Gut’ program, a two-day a week ‘Supercharge Your Gut’ program, and a 6 week ‘Fast Your Way to Wellness’ program on her website www.superchargedfood.com and has a range of gut-friendly powders and blends at www.superchargeyourgut.com.
Lee is a columnist for Wellbeing and Naturally magazines and her articles have appeared in leading Australian newspapers and journals, as well as The Times, The Telegraph, and the Daily Express in the UK, and in the US on The Huffington Post, Mind Body Green and Food Matters.Gut is like a garden. It is an ecosystem. I look at it like an Amazonian Rain Forest. You want to feed your Gut with the right bacteria and and the right kinds of food... @LeeSupercharged #food #health #entrepreneur Click To Tweet
Why Should You Listen to Lee Holmes?
There are plenty of reasons why you should listen to Lee. Let me give the top 3:
- Lee was affected by autoimmune disease and fibromyalgia, and she overcame that by focusing on her food.
- She is an accidental entrepreneur, as she never chose to become one. But she has scaled a business from a blog to selling information and physical products.
- Lee is a continuous learner, and she’s currently pursuing an Advanced Diploma of Integrative Nutritional Therapeutics.
What You’ll Learn from this Interview?
Lee talks about a lot of things in this interview. Here are specific things you’ll learn:
- Lee shares the morning routine that keeps her focused and healthy throughout the day.
- She shares the story of how she started Supercharged Food, including how she identified the autoimmune disease in her.
- Lee talks about the steps she took from the point of identifying the problem of finding a solution.
- She talks about 2 of the most common reasons people come to her to get coached on diet and nutrition.
- Lee gives advice on how you can people listen to your body and outlines some simple ways to deal with it.
- She gives a simple way to find out if you are eating a balanced diet.
- How to take care of your Gut Health? She gives some pointed advice to help you.
and so much more!
How Can You Listen?
Lee’s interview is available in audio.
Direct Link to Audio
How to Get In Touch with Lee Holmes?
Join the Newsletter
I wanted to take a minute to tell you about my newsletter. If you happen to be running a business, or just getting started, I want to invite you to signup for my newsletter. Every week I share resources, stories, and conversations so we can exchange notes as we build our businesses. So if you are a business owner, entrepreneur or solopreneur, or whichever way you identify yourself, do signup for the newsletter at designyourthinking.com/newsletter.
Thanks for Listening!
Please do share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Lee Holmes for taking the time to join me this week!