Deepak Kamath went around the world on a motorcycle, rode the Road of Bones, and most recently landed his motorcycle 6 times on Antarctica and became the first person in the world to have done over 10 kilometers on a motorcycle in Antarctica. He did all of this by getting big brands to sponsor his dreams. In this episode, he talks about travel and money, and how he’s managed to be efficient with money.
Who is Deepak Kamath?
Deepak Kamath is an Overland Adventurer for over 3 decades, a motivational/inspirational speaker having shared experiences on platforms like colleges, motorcycling clubs across India. He is the first person to have circumnavigated the globe across 6 continents in 47 days and has his name in the Limca Book of World Records. He most recently landed his motorcycle 6 times on Antarctica and became the first person in the world to have done over 10 kilometers on a motorcycle in Antarctica.' I always encourage people to stay in a job.' - @deekam99 talking about pursuing travel as a passion. #adventure #travel Click To Tweet
Why Should You Listen to Deepak Kamath?
There are plenty of reasons why you should listen to Deepak Kamath. Let me give the top 3:
- He has broken world records but also has pursued his dreams while working a full-time career, being a husband and a father.
- Deepak is crushing it in an age when everyone thinks of everything from saving money.
- Deepak has traveled the world on an Indian passport (and he’s really good at building relationships with people around the world).
What You’ll Learn from this Interview?
Deepak talks about a lot of things in this interview. Here are specific things you’ll learn:
- How Deepak managed expired visas when he was midway through his circumnavigation expedition.
- How you can get unstuck when traveling, by using your country’s Embassies around the world.
- Deepak talks about the lowest points in his life when he struggled with money.
- Why Deepak never would compromise with his lifestyle and how he’s always done that.
- A word of wisdom about breeding dogs and buying pets.
- Why you should work while you follow your passion? Deepak has some advice.
- How Deepak ensured he landed his motorcycle in Antarctica, when it was never in the plan.
- Deepak’s advice to his daughter (and every parent should listen to this!)
and so much more!
How Can You Listen?
Deepak’s interview is available in audio.
Direct Link to Audio
How to Get In Touch with Deepak Kamath?
Join the Newsletter
I wanted to take a minute to tell you about my newsletter. No, not those boring emails everyone wants you to be on to sell you something. My newsletter is for you if you identify yourself with someone like Deepak or any of my guests. You are someone who believes there’s so much more in you that’s waiting to be discovered. You find yourself zigging when everyone’s zagging or walking that different path. Taking risks. Creative. Entrepreneurial. Whatever the word maybe. If you are one of them, consider signing up for my newsletter. Every month I send 2 or at the max 4 emails with resources, tools, and stories to get you inspired and fueled up.
Again, this is not for everyone. But if you identify yourself with this crowd, go ahead and signup for the newsletter at designyourthinking.com/newsletter
Thanks for Listening!
Please do share your thoughts:
To help out the show:
- Leave an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Subscribe on iTunes.
Special thanks to Deepak Kamath for taking the time to join me this week!