In this Focus Forty episode of The Design Your Thinking Podcast, I talk to Laura Klein who is a UX Designer, Product Manager and the author of Build Better Products and UX for Lean Startups.
Who is Laura Klein?
Laura fell in love with technology when she saw her first user research session over 20 years ago. Since then, she’s worked as an engineer, UX designer, and product manager in Silicon Valley for companies of all sizes. Her books, Build Better Products (Rosenfeld Media ’16) and UX for Lean Startups (O’Reilly Media ’13), help teams learn more about their users and apply that knowledge to make products people use and love. She helps teams build products, advises early stage startups, and consults with companies that want to improve their research, UX, and product development processes. When she’s not working with clients, she’s blogging and podcasting at her site Users Know (http://www.usersknow.com).
What will you learn?
- Reason why Laura is successful?
- Experience wearing multiple hats
- Laura’s productivity secret?
- Talking to users early and continuously
- Balancing the creative and productive sides of being a Product Manager
- Applying constraints
- What are the 3 things that Laura believes is important in developing a Product Mindset?
- Understanding users’ business goal, user and how I can solve your problems
- Mistakes made by product teams when it comes to Listening Better
- How can Product Managers prioritize better
- Hypothesis Tracker
- The future of products and product management
- Smart, Standardization
- Advise to product managers
- Laura’ website – usersknow.com
- Laura’s Podcast – What Is Wrong With UX Podcast
- Laura’s Twitter handle – @lauraklein
- Laura’s Books