In this Focus Forty episode of The Design Your Thinking Podcast, I talk to David Fradin who is a classically trained Product Manager and coach that worked with Steve Jobs at Apple and worked for David Packard at HP and has done Product Management for over 47 years now. In this episode, David speaks about decision making and how individual and company values play a big part in making decision making easier.
Who is David Fradin?
David Fradin is a classically trained product manager at Hewlett-Packard during the 50 years that HP grew 20% a year.
Apple recruited him to bring the first hard disk drive on a personal computer to market. He soon rose in Apple’s management ranks to the same level as Steve Jobs by heading the Apple 3 product line and providing the profits which helped fund the development of the Macintosh.
Since 1969 he has worked on over 75 products and services at 25 small, medium and large organizations and 11 startups covering hardware, software, services, internet SaaS, mobile, advertising, online training, video and for non-profit public policy associations and political campaigns.
In this particular episode, you will learn
- What David learnt from David Packard and Steve Jobs?
- Why is David successful as a product manager?
- How David manages staying productive?
- Morning routine
- David’s secrets in managing the balance between being productive and being creative
- What David believes are the top 3 things a Product Manager should be good at
- 6 Keys to Product Success
David’s website – spicecatalyst.com
The HP Way book
Join DYT Insider
3 Reasons to Signup:
- Get my Best Work - 30-Day Product Mission eBook, Tiny Book Of Triggers, and more in one bundle!
- Explore my Best Content - Expert Interview analysis, Lessons I teach my students, FREE courses & much more.
- No Nonsense - Actionable Content that matters